Sunday 23 October 2011

Pennies, Prince Philip, and Jeremy Clarkson.

I wonder what it's like to have your head on a penny?
Man, imagine if the queen didn't like her profile...that'd grate on you. Everytime you opened your purse to have just your one eye staring back out at you...
On the subject of the royal family, bless 'em, I have some excellent Prince Philip quotes. Gotta love Philip. If I was in the Royal family I'd set my goals in life to be exactly as fantastically blunt as he is. Like Jeremy Clarkson. But Jezza's amazing for a very different type of honesty...
After being told Madonna was singing the Die Another Day theme in 2002: "Are we going to need ear plugs?"
"You ARE a woman, aren't you?" Kenya, 1985.
At a Bangladeshi youth club in 2002:“So who’s on drugs here?... HE looks as if he’s on drugs.”
"People think there’s a rigid class system here, but dukes have even been known to marry chorus girls. Some have even married Americans.” 2000.
On robots colliding, Science Museum, 2000: “They’re not mating are they?”

This is why I love the royal family. Even Prince Philip.
A nugget of wisdom: sneezing cures hiccups. Apparently.

-Daphne

1 comment:

  1. Congrats hun! your posts always bring a smile to my face. x

    ReplyDelete