Sunday 2 October 2011

The Forties. And things I love.

I swear I was born seventy five years too late. If I had been born in the twenties I'd be a "young lady" of the forties. I adore Vera Lynn. Not only is she extremely talented, but also she's beautiful! Jeez, what I would give to look that good in black and white film...be chuffed to buggery, me.
Is it strange that my wardrobe is two thirds vintage gear? Meh. I don't care. I wish people everywhere had that air of gracefulness, there are few people with that charming chivalry these days, and it's something we should all value in people.
RANT OVER.
I have something beautiful to share with you. It's a nugget of wisdom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWiuTfcn0yw&noredirect=1
Watch this. It's beautiful.

-Daphne

No comments:

Post a Comment