Friday 9 March 2012

Blogger Awards, and the like.

Firstly, a massive thank you to Natalie. Wah! I'm so touched. "Daphne is English and hilarious and I love her. This is another brilliant blog that I often find myself in tears over. Mhmmm." That was one of the loveliest things anybody's ever said about me, you darling.
I've never been awarded for a blog- actually, the closest I come to that is a dozen 'likes' on my Facebook status. Mazzletoff. But more of my dwellings in the social misadventure that is Facebook later.
So, AWARDS. *maniac giggle* As I understand it, my pretties, the rules are as follows:
Eins) Tell everyone something they didn't know before.
Zwei) Link to one of my blogs that I personally think best fit the following categories: Most Beautiful, Most Helpful, Most Popular, Most Controversial, Most Surprisingly Successful, Most Underrated, and Most Pride Worthy. (Wha-? I don't think I can fulfill this. I'm just not that diverse. Sort of like vanilla ice cream- you can dress it up any which way you like, but at the end of the day, it's still a chubby white kid...I mean, it's still vanilla ice cream. Was that politically incorrect? Meh. Jeremy Clarkson would get away with it, so will I.)
Drei) Pass this award on to seven other bloggers. (PROBLEM. I only know of three. Will three do? Tchyeah.. It'll have to, my faithful disciples.)
                                                                                   *

Something that nobody else knows: Doesn't this defy the point of a secret? Fools. Who thought this one up?

LINKEN AUF MEIN BLOGGEN. Yes, I made that German up.

Most Pride Worthy goes to: http://olddaffersisoffagain.blogspot.com/2011/11/adventures-of-golden-slipper-woman-and.html
Admittedly, I may have been a) tired  or b)brilliant . You decide.

Most Under-rated: http://olddaffersisoffagain.blogspot.com/2011/10/sadistic-art-of-pumpkin-carving.html
Just... read it. Even I surprise myself sometimes.

Most Surprisingly Successful: http://olddaffersisoffagain.blogspot.com/2012/03/have-i-told-you-lately-that-i-love-you.html
My latest blog, on which in the comments I found the lovely Natalie had nominated me for an award. Dead chuffed.
Most Controversial: http://olddaffersisoffagain.blogspot.com/2011/10/pennies-prince-philip-and-jeremy.html
Okay, so Prince Philip hasn't always been the height of political correctitude, and equality, but God damn, that man's beautiful.

Most Popular: I have failed you. No, no, let me explain- no, stop shouting, please! For the love of God, it's all my fault...I can't decide. Have a gawk, see what you reckon.

Most Helpful: HA. Don't be silly. I'm never helpful in my blogging sprees.

Most Beautiful: http://olddaffersisoffagain.blogspot.com/2011/11/lest-we-forget.html

I can't say for certain why, but I think the title does it justice. Tell me what you think.

Now, I want to tell you about a few blogs I'm following.

http://lovelynonsensities.blogspot.com/ and http://lovelynonsensities.blogspot.com/: Natalie writes long, sometimes intense, sometimes lighthearted delights. I could read my way through her mind all day, if staring at computers didn't give me square eyes, kids.


http://www.blogger.com/profile/12470917995768284791: Mamma Dunford. I sort of want to adopt her. Check out her arty crafty blogging sprees. I think her creative streak ran into my gorgeous friend Ria, who never fails to produce intricate cards and notebooks an' all that jazz.

Right, I've rattled for quite long enough, I reckon. Glad tidings.

Daphne.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, Daphne (can I make up a nickname for you? or do you already have one? or would you rather we stick with Daphne?), THIS is why I gave you the gosh darned blog award. You're brilliant, I tell you! And I tell the rest of the world, but you still have only four followers so apparently they don't listen. Hmph...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mahaha! Well, I've been called all sorts. (Lieutenant)George, Ellie, Dorris,(but more of my adventures in the Army Cadets later)and my [American] boyfriend has a habit of calling me "my little Limey." Chyeah...I quite like Daffers, actually. It has a certain... je ne sais quoi to it. But you call me whatever your heart desires, m'dear. Oh, and ta very much. You're too kind. When they see the light they will follow. All in good time.

    ReplyDelete