Saturday 30 June 2012

Pentacles, Catch 22, Bookface.

Evening, people. If it interests you to know, I dropped my pentacle in Pepsi. While the whimsical alliteration amuses me, the notion is still irritating. Although, it's supposed to be a good silver cleaner/polisher, so I guess I can't complain.
I can't tell you what's on my mind. Mainly because I don't really know to tell you. And also because I don't think you really mind so much. It's been a draining week, purely because I haven't had half as much academic stress as I've grown comfortable with. I don't like it. It means I have spare time to waste thinking, and whatnot. When I start thinking about my own personal affairs, I do tend to doubt the most important parts. I work better under pressure. Don't chill me out like this. So, anyway, I've taken up reading again, so as to further my vocabulary, and seem well read. HA. I'm reading Catch 22 by Joseph Heller, which I say to be one of the two best books ever written. The other is The Camomile Lawn, by Mary Wesley. Catch 22 can't be done justice by my explanation, but give me a chance, guys. It's the perfect way of catching the insanity of war in a light hearted, but also quite touching way. So, so funny, and very sad in parts. It must be, along with The Camomile Lawn, my favourite book ever written. And I hereby command you to read it. Put it on your list of "Things to do to make me loved by Daffers." Jolly good, chaps.
Knackered. So knackered. What else can I tell you? I'm really only writing because 'Big Brother' on channel whatever is doing my head in, and my thoughts are still all over the place- much as they have been all week, and will most likely continue to be for the foreseeable future. Sorry you have to put up with me. I'd really like some suggestions for things I can do. Or hilarious, embarrassing stories. As I've previously mentioned, I won't put ALL of them on Bookface.
Love. Luck. Tea.

-Daphne.

2 comments:

  1. Catch 22, huh? I'll have to look it up. Thanks for the suggestion, Daffers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mahaha! Somebody is listening. Cheers m'dear.

    ReplyDelete