Tuesday 19 June 2012

Exams, Piercings, and Sour Invigilators.

Good evening, children. Do play nicely.
I expect that's what Mr. Speaker tells the House of Commons.
Anyway, how are we? Please do answer this question, it's not rhetorical. I do like to hear about misadventure, embarrassment, and hilarity- so anything you've got, know you can put it out there, this is a supportive, encouraging atmosphere. So I won't post all of it on Facebook. Promise.
Today I did my final Latin language paper. I hope it was supposed to be that easy, or the examiner won't appreciate that big doodle of a ship sailing across the page. Personally, I thought it was inspired, but the sour little  invigilator was giving me stern looks, so I had refrain from fishies and mermaids under the water. Buggery. And a maths exam. The less said the better. I may be an A student, but that bloody paper killed my soul a little. And art. So much paint, so much carnage.
Mah, today I kept answering my Spanish teacher in German. Do you have any idea how irritating not being able to find the right words in the right language is? Sometimes I accidently write in Latin in French, and French in English, and Spanish in German. It's a pain. But I must know ALL the languages. I must.
So, I got a second set of studs (little peace signs) in my ears. They're pretty cool, except I can't touch them without inducing a world of torture amongst my ear lobes. I paid twenty squids for these, they better work, or I WILL return them. I don't care what the bedecked, and bejewelled  lady shoving steel through my flesh with a gun says.
Wish me luck for my literature papers, Wednesday and Friday.
Love. Luck. Tea.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there sweetie, I'm so glad I don't still have to do exams, but I can empathise with you a little over the languages, whilst sitting my 'O' level French oral exam ( yes it was a verrrrrrrrry long time ago!) I suddenly answered my examiner in German! Took a couple of attempts at saying the same thing to suddenly realise it was the wrong language and I hadn't been speaking German for at least 2 years at this point. I'm happy to add that I did pass! Good luck with the rest of your exams not long till the summer hols now xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Latin, French, German, Spanish - Lawdy, I feel so inadequate now. Good luck on the rest of your exams, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh, faaanks, guys. The first paper was today... I was crying inside.

    ReplyDelete