Wednesday 22 August 2012

Latin, Hipsters, and Beethoven.

Hallo, my humanfolk. I would attempt the "what's cracka-lackin'?" thing but unfortunately I'm not feeling very American today. Do try it yourself if it floats your boat.
It is currently 9.51PM, 22nd August. Do you know what day it is tomorrow? The day I find out whether the sour invigilator was right to be giving me bitter "get on with your paper" eyes last June during my Latin exams...cross your fingers for me, eh? English, Maths, Science, French and Latin to be worrying about tomorrow. And we're only half way through, people.
The thing is, aside from my slight lack of German (with which I'm taking the exam next June, with a bit of luck, and flattery around my French teacher), languages are good with me. Usually. So hopefully Latin will be fine, it's just that I feel like I've forgotten the past four years of learning and chanting verb conjugations, and noun endings in six weeks. I'll have to read the Aeneid on t'interwebs to wake myself up in September. That'll be fun. I'm not reading the whole bloody thing, of course. Just the bit about "so run my she-goats, run" because that bit always make me giggle for some reason. Heheh. Okay, so enough of that, because I know you're bored of my academic misadventure.
A really good band you lot need to listen to is Of Monsters And Men. Such a great band. Little Talks, and Dirty Paws are good to get started with. I'm NOT a hipster. But trust me, these are good. Down with hipsters. I have to bite my tongue when I see them. They're so hipster they're mainstream. C'mon, bro, there's no need for the knitted hat. I know our summers aren't great, and all, but really? A hat? A knitted hat, at that? Sigh. And as for your oversized glasses with no glass in them... get rid of them. I'm going to go on a snapping-your-stupid-bloody-hipster-glasses spree, and if you get in my way, I'll cut up all your frickin' multicoloured braces. I won't even go into "I did it before it was cool", 'cause you know who really did it before it was cool? This guy. Beethoven wrote his own music before it was cool.

Daphne.




No comments:

Post a Comment