Thursday 30 August 2012

GI Jive Hour, 'Burlesque Interpretation', And Money That I Haven't Got.

Evening, you lot. I've been listening to this for six hours http://www.1940sukradio.co.uk/ and I'm not sure if I can stop. Eventually I won't be able to talk, I'll be be a mess of big band music, GI Jive Hour,  and American war bonds advertisements. So I'm looking forward to that.
I was going to do something really worthwhile today. I ended up spending a few hours learning German and spent the rest of the day looking for WAAF uniform bits and pieces on t'interweb, I won't lie to you, I'm going to have to get a real job to afford it. But I so want it all. It's very difficult to come by uniforms for sale, they're all hired or 'burlesque interpretation' (which is basically world war two for strippers). So, people, any WAAF uniforms for sale, you let me know, oui?
Other than that it was the general vintage shopping with money I haven't got. Look at where I spend the money I don't have, and you won't blame me http://www.lovemissdaisy.com/ . I AM IN LOVE. I love Love Miss Daisy so, so, so much. I just...mah. The way to my heart, if ever there was one, is through a)uniform or b)old things - but not in the Hugh Hefner sort of way... as in... old radios, and rifles, and posters and whatnot.  Anyway if I wanted Hugh Hefner, I suppose I'd have to spend the squids that I haven't got on 'burlesque interpretation WAAF uniforms'.
That's all, chaps.
Just one last thing, this is the chorus of a song I just heard on the afore mentioned radio.
"You'll get no promotion this side of the ocean, so cheer up my lads, bless 'em all."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYPrwor7Yps
Worth some thought, I reckon.

Daphne.

No comments:

Post a Comment